Popular Posts

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pineapple Cinnamon Cookies

After thinking a lot on what to make out of a pineapple lying in my fridge, before it gets stale, I zeroed in on cookies..You know that right now I am all for cookies, if you visit my page http://www.facebook.com/KITCHENMANIA . Yes I am trying to hone my baking skills. I tell you, these cookies will make you fall in love with baking cookies..The flavor was just awesome and the taste , lip smacking. Here, I am sharing the recipe with step by step instructions...
 
Ingredients:
All purpose flour / Maida - 200gm
Pineapple- 1 full or canned
Brown sugar-150 gms
Butter-120gms
Eggs -1
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon (powdered) -1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/ 4 teaspoon
Method:

Preheat oven at 180 degrees and line a baking tray.

Sift flour , salt, baking powder, cinnamon and keep aside.

Whisk butter and sugar, till sugar slightly dissolves.

Add eggs one by one and whisk till it gets fluffy. Add vanilla essence and mix.


Pineapple can be added in many forms, either grated or in small chunks. Well, I pureed it and reduced it by sauteing it in little butter on high flame. I did this to reduce water content.

Now, add pineapple in the egg, sugar , butter mixture. Mix.
Add flour mixture in three batches, while mixing it properly to form a sticky dough. It should neither be too hard or too soft.

Make small balls out of the dough and place them on the baking tray. Sprinkle some cinnamon over them ( optional).

Bake for 18 - 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.


Enjoy the spiced flavor of these fruity cookies.

Hope you liked it...

No comments:

Post a Comment